Sell Your Used Desktop Memory to Us
Desktop computers have evolved a great extend over the years and currently, most people have left them behind for newer models or moved on to laptops and tablets. If you have one sitting in your home or the office, did you know that it is possible to make some money off them by selling the memory? Here at BUYSELLRAM, we understand that people hold a lot of what they consider E-waste in their homes, and we are doing our best to buy back these essential parts of the computer systems and put them to some good use. Here is what you need to know about desktop memory, and what is involve in selling it to us:
Understanding your desktop memory
Most IT guys will tell you that the type of computer memory which you have does not matter as much as the amount of it that you have. While this is true, we believe that it is good to know your desktop’s memory type and how it works. This knowledge will also be instrumental in helping you get a quote from us before we make the purchase. Here is what you need to know about RAM:
- There are three main types of RAM, DDR, SDRAM and Rambus DRAM.
- SDRAM stands for Synchronous DRAM- it started out running at a speed of 66MHz but can be upgraded to 180 MHz, unofficially.
- DDRM stands for Double Data Rate Memory- the system doubles the rate of data transfer of the regular SDRAM by moving data through the tick of a clock cycle. The fact that it is doubled means that if it is rated 333MHz, it is actually operating at 166MHz multiplied by two. There is DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4, all which indicate the speed capacity.
- Rambus SDRAM is the last common type of desktop RAM that is available. It is common in what we call the Pentium memory range of computers and is the most recommended memory types for the new computer models.
These are the basics that you need to know about computer memory. You can tell the memory specifications of your computer by checking the back of the CPU or the user manual which came with it.
>>Related Content: Laptop Memory
Our purchase processes
We encourage you to get a free quote for your used computer memory from us. We buy both single computer memory and bulk memory from people who need to upgrade their office systems.
The purchase process is as follows:
- Get a quote- There are two ways that you can get a memory quote from us. The easiest tool is on our website, where you enter your computers information and we will come up with a quote from the information you have provided to us.
- Making the call- Once you have the quote, you can contact us through the numbers listed here on our page. We respond fast and help you make arrangements on how you will send the parts to us.
- Sending the hardware- Your next step will be us we giving you an address where you can drop off the hardware or send it to us.
- Get your money- When we have received the hardware and ascertained that it is as described, we disburse your cash.
Our process is that simple. The best thing about selling your computer memory to us is that we have a fast turnaround time and when you give us all the information we try to disburse your money within 24 hours we have everything on hand. Do not sit on useful computer memory at home or your office, get a free quote from us, send it to us and you can make a good amount of extra money from it.