Have you recently upgraded your laptop’s RAM memory or purchased a new one? Have a device you’re no longer using with viable RAM in it? Maybe your business has upgraded its inventory and you have used computers with memory chips you don’t need? BuySellRam will buy it from you.
What is laptop RAM?
Random access memory (RAM) provides computers with the virtual space they need to temporarily manage information and resolve issues at the moment. In adding more RAM to your laptop, you cut down on how many times the CPU has to read data from the hard drive which speeds the laptop up. RAM is a memory type that’s volatile meaning it’s only there until you power down the laptop, then data stored there is erased.
What is Laptop RAM Used For?
As vital to your laptop as the hard drive or processor, the right amount of RAM is crucial to your system’s speed and performance. When the CPU and RAM work together, RAM shares the CPU’s workload and the performance of the laptop is optimized, enabling you to complete your tasks faster.
RAM also supports your software with each program requiring a certain amount of memory and space to load and function properly. Without adequate RAM, the performance of the laptop degrades and slows down greatly. RAM is so integral to the operation of your laptop computer that if just one storage location out of many fails or is damaged, the entire system is at risk of crashing.
>>Related Content: Laptop VS Desktop Memory
There are different types of RAM for laptop computers like DDR2, DDR3, or DDR4 types, all within the SDRAM category. All three RAM types serve the same purpose in offering temporary memory support when a laptop is running. They do, however, have important differences both in design and performance so they aren’t compatible with each other and can’t be mixed and matched.
- The next SDRAM generation offering data transfer rates of up to 6.4GB per second. Its performance improves on that of the DDR1 with lower voltage operation, quicker clocks, and simpler commands.
- The third generation of SDRAM currently used in many laptops and desktops today, DDR3 is improved over DDR2 due to enhanced data transfer bandwidth and even lower power usage. DDR3 is crafted to work at 300MHz and has a data transfer range from 6.4GB to 17GB per second.
- The fourth generation of SDRAM is the latest, fastest and most commonly used in all computers today; DDR4 is improved over DDR3 due to enhanced data transfer bandwidth and even lower power usage. DDR4 is crafted to work between 667 MHz to 1.6 GHz and has a data transfer range from 17GB to 21.3GB per second.
We Buy Used Laptop RAM
Here at BuySellRam, buy and sell memory internationally, doing business with everyone from small businesses to global corporations and government agencies.
We accept the following types of Laptop RAM from a variety of memory brands:
- Laptop DDR2 – 200 pins (PC2-4200S, PC2-5300S, PC2-6400S)
- Laptop DDR3 – 204 pins (PC3-8500S, PC3-10600S, PC3-12800S)
- Laptop DDR4 – 288 pins (PC4-12800, PC4-14900, PC4-17000, PC4-19200, PC4-21333, PC4-23466, PC4-25600)
Have Laptop RAM You Wish to Sell?
- First complete out our estimate form and receive a quote right away.
- Send us your RAM. The shipping process is quick and easy and we’ll help you through it.
- Get paid! Payment is issued one business day after your item arrives at our location. Payment is based on the value and volume of the items you send us and other factors like age, condition, current market prices for precious metals, and more.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.